“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
Life is circular and every day we have an opportunity to start fresh and look at things differently. Given this fact, how can we then decide the direction to take and how do we ensure that we are getting the best from each new step we undertake. Below are some of the things that we can do:
- Trust yourself enough and take the first step. Many at times we have a million and one reasons why it is not the right time to start. The first step is usually the most important and it is what will guide you to where you need to go. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
- Do the work and seek information: Before you embark on any path, take time and invest in knowledge. This gives you not only the confidence that we so badly require but it increases the odds of success. With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything- Antoine Griezman
- Get the right help- Many times if are used to figuring things out it becomes very difficult to seek help. We need to note that there is power in being vulnerable and seeking help is not a sign of weakness. “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude." - Alfred North Whitehead.
- Have the right people around you: No matter who we are, we need to have people with whom we share our dreams and aspirations, and they shall help us go and attain that which we need to. Know which kind of person each individual is to you and honor that. “You need to associate with people who inspire you, challenge you to rise higher and make you better. Don’t waste your valuable time with people that are not adding to your growth. Your destiny is too important.” Joel Osteen
- Know when to stop and change direction: Many times we are stuck in one direction and no matter how stuck we are we do not want to change. It is good to remain flexible and incorporate any new information into our lives. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse